From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, toolchain <toolchain@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] toolchain meeting agenda for today 19:00 UTC #gentoo-toolchain
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 18:27:10
1 On Fri, May 26, 2017, at 13:07 CDT, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 20 May 2017 19:38:01 +0200
4 > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
5 >> - Globally setting -std=c++14 in upcoming 17.0 profiles
6 >
7 > A bit late to the party, but what was the outcome of the meeting, esp.
8 > this part ?
9 >
10 > I'm not sure if default CXXFLAGS would make such a difference since
11 > most people would override them.
12
13 Exactly. Setting this in CXXFLAGS is not a great idea. Forcing via SPEC
14 file is equally hacky.
17 > OTOH, masking <gcc-6 (*) on those profiles makes a lot of sense: it'll
18 > default to gnu++14 in a better way than with profiles and since I
19 > think one of the points of the new profiles is to force default-pie,
20 > it'll also avoid people using gcc5- that would not build pie by
21 > default and have issues when switching to a gcc6+
22
23 This is exactly what is planned :-)
24
25 Best,