From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xscreensaver
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:55:50
1 Thomas Flavel wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 05:07:11PM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > It doesn't look like there's an ebuild for xscreensaver... Where
7 > > should I put it if I make one? I was thinking either x11-base or
8 > > app-misc, since nothing else seems appropriate. Maybe we should make
9 > > an x11-apps category?
12 > Hello,
13 >
14 > x11-base gets my vote; x11-apps would end up containing a lot of things,
15 > and I think it is a good thing to have them indexed (as they currently
16 > are) by what they do, not how they appear. Otherwise we would have to
17 > have an console-apps category ;) and some applications can use both...
18 >
19 I agree with tom about x11/console apps. So my vote goes to app-misc.
20 I'm thinking about removing x11-base and creating a new category that
21 can keep xfree, qt-embedded and gtk-embedded ( can I get it anywhere?).
22 I don't know a good name for that right now.
23
24 achim~
25
26 > - Tom