From: "vivo75@×××××.com" <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Calling die in a subshell
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:13:55
1 On 06/15/13 19:02, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
3 > <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:56:00 -0400
5 >> Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
6 >>> If we find that all known implementations of PMS/EAPI 4 have
7 >>> implemented a certain behavior, making a change to that version of PMS
8 >>> to properly document the behavior seems reasonable.
9 >> Part of the point of EAPI stability is that it doesn't just apply to
10 >> current versions of package manglers.
11 >>
12 > So look back at the first versions which implemented EAPI 4 support,
13 > and see what the behavior was implemented at the point in time.
14 >
15 it make sense but it stretch things a lot.
16
17 Is it possible to:
18 - keep an open bug (tracker) on named eclasses/ebuilds, so we (users and
19 devs) know that there is a (teoric) fallacy
20 - approve it for EAPI 6
21 - move all the eapi/ebuilds to EAPI 6
22 - close the bugs as WONT-FIX
23
24 In any case it should be easy to port an ebuild from EAPI4 to 6, if
25 gentoers want to keep things simple it could be more a version 5a than 6
26
27 regards