From: Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild development (vpopmail, etc.)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:18:17
1 Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
2
3 >I'm planning to edit the vpopmail ebuild Real Soon Now to add the
4 >mysteriously missing postgres USE flag and thus end up with a
5 >package compiled with the support we need.
6 >
7 >Instead of wasting my time re-adding this every time a new version
8 >of vpopmail comes along, I'd much rather use this as an opportunity
9 >to get into Gentoo development and add this to the central ebuild
10 >repository so that all future versions inherit it.
11 >
12 >What do I need to do to get started on this? Do I simply mail a
13 >patch to this list, or ask somebody for a CVS account and commit
14 >changes directly?
18 You should file a bug in http://bugs.gentoo.org.
19
20 >I'm also a bit confused about the portdir_overlay thing - If there
21 >exists a -r15, do I then add a -r16 to make emerge realize an
22 >update is available. What happens then when an -r16 hits the
23 >regular portage tree?
26 if r15 exists in portdir_overlay, it will be preferred over the official
27 r15 version.