From: Casey Allen Shobe <lists@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild development (vpopmail, etc.)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 04:28:22
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I'm planning to edit the vpopmail ebuild Real Soon Now to add the
4 mysteriously missing postgres USE flag and thus end up with a
5 package compiled with the support we need.
6
7 Instead of wasting my time re-adding this every time a new version
8 of vpopmail comes along, I'd much rather use this as an opportunity
9 to get into Gentoo development and add this to the central ebuild
10 repository so that all future versions inherit it.
11
12 What do I need to do to get started on this? Do I simply mail a
13 patch to this list, or ask somebody for a CVS account and commit
14 changes directly?
15
16 I'm also a bit confused about the portdir_overlay thing - If there
17 exists a -r15, do I then add a -r16 to make emerge realize an
18 update is available. What happens then when an -r16 hits the
19 regular portage tree?
20
21 Thanks for any information you can provide.
22
23 Cheers,
24 --
25 Casey Allen Shobe | http://casey.shobe.info
26 cshobe@×××××××××××××.com | cell 425-443-4653
27 AIM & Yahoo: SomeLinuxGuy | ICQ: 1494523
28 SeattleServer.com, Inc. | http://www.seattleserver.com
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list