From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild development (vpopmail, etc.)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:22:20
1 On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 04:26 +0000, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
2 > What do I need to do to get started on this? Do I simply mail a
3 > patch to this list, or ask somebody for a CVS account and commit
4 > changes directly?
5
6 Well, becoming a developer requires some time. If you're simply looking
7 to submit this one ebuild, then file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org and attach
8 the ebuild to it.
9
10 > I'm also a bit confused about the portdir_overlay thing - If there
11 > exists a -r15, do I then add a -r16 to make emerge realize an
12 > update is available. What happens then when an -r16 hits the
13 > regular portage tree?
14
15 Nothing would happen. Since you would already have -r16 installed,
16 portage would just skip it. Once -r17 hit the tree, it would be
17 upgraded to the in-tree version.
20 Chris Gianelloni
22 Games - Developer
23 Gentoo Linux