From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild development (vpopmail, etc.)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:25:02
1 On Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:26 pm, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
2 > Do I simply mail a
3 > patch to this list, or ask somebody for a CVS account and commit
4 > changes directly?
5
6 Bugzilla: bugs.gentoo.org
9 > I'm also a bit confused about the portdir_overlay thing - If there
10 > exists a -r15, do I then add a -r16 to make emerge realize an
11 > update is available. What happens then when an -r16 hits the
12 > regular portage tree?
13
14 Nothing at all. If there's a conflict between the standard tree and your
15 overlay, the ebuild in the overlay takes priority.
19 Anthony Gorecki
20 Ectro-Linux Foundation