From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:45:40
1 On Monday 27 February 2006 22:34, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > Yup. It's a huge policy violation being passed off as a feature. See
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=
5 >1 in the paragraph starting "Occasionally, ebuilds will have conflicting
6 > USE flags for functionality.".
7
8 If that was the only consideration in this case I would agree with you. I
9 do however also see Stuart's point on use_with. While it is by itself a
10 horible kludge, I agree that it's not really proper design to check for
11 all kinds of flags (a changing set) to verify that php was built with a
12 certain feature.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze