From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:10:47
1 On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:04:52 -0600 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > My point is that that's a nasty QA bug that's relying upon input
5 | > from Stuart to be fixed. Whilst that one's still alive, I'm not
6 | > going to go around filing more similar "breaks non-interactively"
7 | > bugs because the discussion will just get repeated over and over.
8 |
9 | Huh? I just read through the bug, and it actually appears to be
10 | resolved pending Chris' testing w/ the needed USE flags added to the
11 | various profiles. I'll admit that the fix is inelegant, but I'm
12 | missing where it's waiting upon Stuart for additional info. Am I
13 | missing something?
14
15 Yup. It's a huge policy violation being passed off as a feature. See
16 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
17 in the paragraph starting "Occasionally, ebuilds will have conflicting
18 USE flags for functionality.".
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm