From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 20:02:51
1 On Sunday 02 May 2004 21:34, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2
3 > I noted that projects whose requirements indicate they will be (amongst
4 > other architectures) ppc compatible, but are implemented and designed
5 > by people without much ppc expertise and whose lead hasn't proactively
6 > involved people with ppc expertise, at least for testing (assuming
7 > something testable is available), will require a lot of work on my part
8 > when they suddenly become obliged (as in: a feature for all the
9 > architectures releasing), in this case less than 2 weeks before I need
10 > to start building the 2004.2 release. (check releng release roadmap).
11
12 Maybe in general it might be an idea (also for other archs) to make a list of
13 the most common pitfalls (and their fixes) when using that arch. To mind come
14 things like big or little endian, and 64 vs. 32 bits. We might even go so far
15 as to write a description on how to correct broken upstream source.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer