From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:37:15
1 On Fri, 2006-01-09 at 16:20 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 September 2006 15:18, Chris White wrote:
3 > > On Friday 01 September 2006 11:26, Greg KH wrote:
4 > > > No, we should just stop distributing the prebuild image in our release
5 > > > and live cds. We do not have to do anything with the package in
6 > > > portage, as it is the user who builds cdrtools that does the violating
7 > > > (and only if they then redistribute the built binary).
8 > >
9 > > Well, I for one would rather not give a user the option to screw themselves
10 > > to this magnitude with a simple "emerge cdrtools". There's people that
11 > > aren't reading this list, and aren't going to know what's going on. It's
12 > > unfair to them.
13 >
14 > set the LICENSE variable and/or add an ewarn to the ebuild ... pushing your
15 > ideals by removing the package is wrong
16 > -mike
17
18 Maybe we should p.mask the versions that contain and un-redistributable
19 mix of CDDL and GPL code.
22 Olivier CrĂȘte
23 tester@g.o
24 Gentoo Developer