From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: media-optical@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:27:18
1 On Friday 01 September 2006 15:18, Chris White wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 September 2006 11:26, Greg KH wrote:
3 > > No, we should just stop distributing the prebuild image in our release
4 > > and live cds. We do not have to do anything with the package in
5 > > portage, as it is the user who builds cdrtools that does the violating
6 > > (and only if they then redistribute the built binary).
7 >
8 > Well, I for one would rather not give a user the option to screw themselves
9 > to this magnitude with a simple "emerge cdrtools". There's people that
10 > aren't reading this list, and aren't going to know what's going on. It's
11 > unfair to them.
12
13 set the LICENSE variable and/or add an ewarn to the ebuild ... pushing your
14 ideals by removing the package is wrong
15 -mike