From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 06:10:18
1 tis 2001-12-25 klockan 06.11 skrev Daniel Robbins:
2 > On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 07:00:45AM +0200, Dan Armak wrote:
3 > > > This can be solved with CVS branches in gentoo-x86, using branches as
4 > > > stable/unstable whatever, and let rsync (and anonymous cvs) only export
5 > > > stable.
6 > > Well, I'd be glad to have cvs branches. It would certainly be the most
7 > > comfortable solution. However as I see it it would probably need portage-side
8 > > suport of at least multiple portage dirs. drobbins?
9 >
10 > Just put them on cvs like normal, and tag them with the _beta suffix as
11 > appropriate. Mask them. Problem solved.
12
13 Well, it's very much unsolved. Because users don't care about masking
14 once they've learned how to get around it. As I said before _beta,
15 masking will only hold back some and tell that it's unstable. But we'll
16 end up supporting the stuff anyway.
17
18 This is just as the /incoming directory which many users started to use
19 even though they shouldn't.
20
21 Regards,
22 Mikael Hallendal
26 Mikael Hallendal
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
28 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden