From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:49:18
1 On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 01:10:02PM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > Well, it's very much unsolved. Because users don't care about masking
3 > once they've learned how to get around it. As I said before _beta,
4 > masking will only hold back some and tell that it's unstable. But we'll
5 > end up supporting the stuff anyway.
6
7 This is easily solved. Just put a very clear comment in package.mask around
8 the mask entries stating in no unclear terms that *these packages are not yet
9 supported*, are *for developers only*, and *are very unstable*. *use at your
10 own risk*, *not a good idea* and *you'll regret it later* should do the trick!
11 :)
12
13 > This is just as the /incoming directory which many users started to use
14 > even though they shouldn't.
15
16 How so?
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>