From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:54:04
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 17:42, Chris Gianelloni wrote: >> This is a common misconception. All that you really need to provide is >> the patches. > Not really, no. As Ciaran already said, FSF seems not to think this way and > this is the most important thing on that article. >
Yawn, the misguided article is due the Mephis distributor having a long track of misbehavior and depicting himself as a victim... As gpl2 you should provide a written offer for the source and hand them over upon request using any machine readable medium. my 2 (fake) eurocents lu -- Luca Barbato Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>