From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: converting /etc/mtab to a symlink
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:08:26
1 On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:47:08PM -0400, Richard Yao wrote:
2
3 *snip*
4
5 > Both of which are correct. That being said, I am not against making
6 > changes, but given that this is on the list, I would like to someone to
7 > provide a technical justification. Some key questions that justification
8 > should answer are "what capability does this provide to sysytemd that
9 > cannot be obtained without this change? and "what does that do for
10 > users"? So far, the only thing that I have read is "systemd wants it",
11 > which answers neither question.
12
13 A quick google for per-process namespaces turns up this lwn series:
14
15 http://lwn.net/Articles/531114/
16
17 This functionality can't be fully supported if /etc/mtab is a file.
18
19 William