From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pavel Sanda <sanda@×××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-office/lyx: lyx-2.0.5.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:18:37
1 On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:45:56 +0800
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 11/20/12 21:57, Alexis Ballier wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:10:51 +0000 (UTC)
6 > > "Patrick Lauer (patrick)" <patrick@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> patrick 12/11/16 09:10:51
9 > >>
10 > >> Modified: ChangeLog
11 > >> Added: lyx-2.0.5.ebuild
12 > >> Log:
13 > >> Bump
14 > >>
18 > > While the bump was fine, please read the damn metadata.xml when you
19 > > touch a package you're not used to. Pavel has been doing a very good
20 > > job in (proxy) maintaining lyx since years and you do not seem to
21 > > have contacted him before doing the bump, which is a bit
22 > > disrespectful for him IMHO.
23 >
24 > I disagree. A fix is a fix, a bump is a bump, no ego involved.
25
26 And respect is respect. It's not because you woke up someday in a
27 special mood that a 4+ years perfectly working workflow will change...
30 > > If you want to help in having things done quicker because I'm not
31 > > always responsive enough, then please do it correctly and ask Pavel
32 > > to CC you when he sends me instructions for lyx.
33 > I dislike this territorialism. Why add a single point of failure to
34 > package maintenance? (What if you or Pavel "disappear" for any
35 > reason?)
36
37 Ask those who invented maintainers. Take your point to the council. So
38 far these are the rules, follow them or leave it.
39
40 As for the single point of failure, Pavel being part of upstream sends
41 me the ebuilds _before_ the actual release. That is not what I call a
42 failure. The proposal to also be a proxy still stands, but if you
43 continue with this provocative behavior I'm not sure I want to work
44 with you...
45
46 A.