From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pavel Sanda <sanda@×××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-office/lyx: lyx-2.0.5.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 04:46:31
1 On 11/20/12 21:57, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:10:51 +0000 (UTC)
3 > "Patrick Lauer (patrick)" <patrick@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> patrick 12/11/16 09:10:51
6 >>
7 >> Modified: ChangeLog
8 >> Added: lyx-2.0.5.ebuild
9 >> Log:
10 >> Bump
15 > While the bump was fine, please read the damn metadata.xml when you
16 > touch a package you're not used to. Pavel has been doing a very good
17 > job in (proxy) maintaining lyx since years and you do not seem to have
18 > contacted him before doing the bump, which is a bit disrespectful for
19 > him IMHO.
20
21 I disagree. A fix is a fix, a bump is a bump, no ego involved.
22
23 > If you want to help in having things done quicker because I'm not
24 > always responsive enough, then please do it correctly and ask Pavel to
25 > CC you when he sends me instructions for lyx.
26 I dislike this territorialism. Why add a single point of failure to
27 package maintenance? (What if you or Pavel "disappear" for any reason?)
28
29 Have fun,
30
31 Patrick