From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: xmw@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 08:22:03
1 On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 23:58:53 +0100
2 Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Concern is to sustain the freedom of choice that brought me to Gentoo.
5 >
6 > Please provide systemd as an option.
7 > And provide sysvinit/openrc as an option.
8 > Do __not__ make an initrd mandatory.
9
10 And I'd like to have the freedom of having a clean rootfs and system
11 free of random static executables needed to mount /usr with random
12 filesystems.
13
14 Static linking is IMHO worse than making _initramfs_ mandatory.
15 Or maybe do you have method to force rebuilds of packages dependant
16 on static libraries?
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny