From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [patch] preconfig to allow user configuration before compilation
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:16:09
1 On Friday 15 July 2005 12:55, Kristian Benoit wrote:
2 > This patch provide a new feature (preconfig).
3 >
4 > With this feature on, emerging an ebuild with an optional src_preconfig
5 > function will unpack, preconfig, compile, ... on emerge. But with
6 > preconfig off, it would do as usual and bypass the src_preconfig.
7 > src_preconfig is for interactive configuration at before src_compile
8 > like packages where you must "make menuconfig".
9 >
10 > A couple things could still be done:
11 >
12 > - emerge could unpack every packages that define a src_preconfig,
13 > preconfig those packages then follow up with compile on those packages
14 > and normal emerge on other packages.
15 >
16 > - As some people dont want interactive configuration or as much hidden
17 > as possible, I thought of removing preconfig if set in make.conf but
18 > only keep it if set in environment variable.
19 >
20 > Hope it can help :)
21 >
22 > I'm also sending a patch to busybox, try it ! :)
23
24 By the way, you seemed to attach a unified diff between your modified portage
25 and an empty directory. Please don't do the same for busybox.
28 Jason Stubbs