From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [patch] preconfig to allow user configuration before compilation
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 04:18:49
1 This patch provide a new feature (preconfig).
2
3 With this feature on, emerging an ebuild with an optional src_preconfig
4 function will unpack, preconfig, compile, ... on emerge. But with
5 preconfig off, it would do as usual and bypass the src_preconfig.
6 src_preconfig is for interactive configuration at before src_compile
7 like packages where you must "make menuconfig".
8
9 A couple things could still be done:
10
11 - emerge could unpack every packages that define a src_preconfig,
12 preconfig those packages then follow up with compile on those packages
13 and normal emerge on other packages.
14
15 - As some people dont want interactive configuration or as much hidden
16 as possible, I thought of removing preconfig if set in make.conf but
17 only keep it if set in environment variable.
18
19 Hope it can help :)
20
21 I'm also sending a patch to busybox, try it ! :)
22
23 Kristian

portage-2.0.51.19-preconfig.patch text/x-patch
busybox-1.00-r4-preconfig.patch text/x-patch