From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: cmake-utils.eclass dropping EAPI 0/1 support
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 13:45:06
1 On 14/06/2013 09:05, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:48:21 -0400
3 > Chris Reffett <creffett@g.o> wrote:
4 >
6 >> Hash: SHA1
7 >>
8 >> On 06/13/2013 06:37 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
9 >>>> At the beginning of July, the KDE team will be removing EAPI 0/1
10 >>>> support from cmake-utils.eclass and inlining the functions from
11 >>>> base.eclass in order to remove that inherit [1].
12 >>>
13 >>> So, instead of fixing what you consider wrong in base.eclass, you
14 >>> inline it so that if someone improves base.eclass he has to do it
15 >>> for cmake-utils too?
16 >>>
17 >> We did not actually inline most of the complicated logic from
18 >> base.eclass, as to the best of my knowledge epatch itself will handle
19 >> all of the corner cases that base_src_prepare covers. The new patching
20 >> code essentially consists of [[ ${PATCHES[@]} ]] && epatch
21 >> "${PATCHES[@]}"; epatch_user.
22 >
23 > that kind of stuff sounds more like it should be factorized rather than
24 > copied all around; be it base.eclass, an EAPI, or another eclass I
25 > don't really care.
26
27 The code literally is '[[ ${PATCHES[@]} ]] && epatch "${PATCHES[@]}"'.
28 Given that the actual epatch logic is in one place, I am not sure how
29 much of an issue this really is. I think there's a proposal to put
30 epatch into PMS too.
31
32 Best regards,
33 Michael