From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cmake-utils.eclass dropping EAPI 0/1 support
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 23:05:46
1 On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:48:21 -0400
2 Chris Reffett <creffett@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > On 06/13/2013 06:37 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
8 > >> At the beginning of July, the KDE team will be removing EAPI 0/1
9 > >> support from cmake-utils.eclass and inlining the functions from
10 > >> base.eclass in order to remove that inherit [1].
11 > >
12 > > So, instead of fixing what you consider wrong in base.eclass, you
13 > > inline it so that if someone improves base.eclass he has to do it
14 > > for cmake-utils too?
15 > >
16 > We did not actually inline most of the complicated logic from
17 > base.eclass, as to the best of my knowledge epatch itself will handle
18 > all of the corner cases that base_src_prepare covers. The new patching
19 > code essentially consists of [[ ${PATCHES[@]} ]] && epatch
20 > "${PATCHES[@]}"; epatch_user.
21
22 that kind of stuff sounds more like it should be factorized rather than
23 copied all around; be it base.eclass, an EAPI, or another eclass I
24 don't really care.
27 there's also a base_src_install_docs call in current cmake-utils.eclass
28
29 Alexis.