From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: 0-day bump requests
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:34:11
1 Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o> posted 20080707101014.5b94a020@vrm378-02,
2 excerpted below, on Mon, 07 Jul 2008 10:10:14 -0400:
3
4 > Here's an interesting solution for those who find it annoying though:
5 > Just file your own 0-day bump request in bugzilla. In theory some users
6 > would find this and just CC themselves on it. Other users could be
7 > shushed with the shame of the DUPLICATE. Everyone wins!
8
9 ++
10
11 Interested users find the bug and know you are on it, and (as you said)
12 can CC themselves for further updates. Users who don't look get the hint
13 of a DUP to nudge them to check before filing next time.
14
15 As you said, everyone wins!
16
17 (As I posted earlier, I really don't mind a 3-day or 1 week hold-off,
18 either. If devs want it... <shrug>. But I really don't see the big deal
19 either way, and this way does have the advantages listed above.)
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list