From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: FHS or not (WAS: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11)
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 17:51:38
1 On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 05:49:59PM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
3 > > Sure at some point you have to make things evolve but this upstream
4 > > solution simply isn't nice for its users.
5 >
6 > That may be, but I don't think it's a distribution's responsibility
7 > to try to own that problem.
8
9 This is my point exactly. Patrick's proposal is that we make this policy
10 that all config files belong in /etc a distro policy, including
11 patching upstream software to force it to conform. If we make this a
12 distro policy and upstream rejects it, there will always be a lot of
13 work downstream that is imo unnecessary.
14
15 William