From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Request to add ~> atom prefix operator on Portage.
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:18:40
1 On 14 September 2015 at 20:01, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > We could fix this in a future EAPI such that version components would
3 > not be split when matching. So =1.3* would not match 1.30 any more
4 > because the 30 could only be matched as a whole.
5 >
6 > OTOH, I am not aware of any problems caused by the current behaviour.
7 > Although I agree that it isn't logical
10 There's a fringe use here which becomes more obvious with
11 date-suffixed versions like 5.20150602
12
13 =5.2015* would be a legitimate and semi-useful condition for applying
14 a mask for use flags etc.
19 Kent
20
21 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL