From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:41:14
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Anyway, I do appreciate any work that you're doing on any games ebuilds.
3 > I just hope we don't end up in the exact same situation a (few?) month
4 > or so down the line when this stuff goes stable as we are in now.
5
6 What I expect is that many of the newly ported apps will go stable
7 before modular X does. Also, nobody will be able to commit to any
8 directory with an unported ebuild in any keywording state, so that will
9 serve to fix many more problems.
10
11 What it boils down to is that there's a chance completely untouched,
12 unmaintained packages that somehow still have an ~arch ebuild could
13 break when modular X goes stable.
14
15 Untouched packages for which the latest (and therefore, ported) ebuild
16 is stable should work fine. Untouched packages for which the latest
17 ebuild is ~arch and is never keyworded stable could break.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie