From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] root:root and fbsd
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:20:22
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote: [Sun May 22 2005, 03:49:39AM CDT]
2 > So I was wondering for a solution for this problem: we have a
3 > $USERLAND variable which can be used to select the way the chown must
4 > be done, if chown root:root or chown root:wheel; I think both BSD and
5 > Darwin userland prefers root:wheel above root:root, so maybe adding a
6 > function in eutils which fixes the permissions based on the current
7 > $USERLAND value is enough...
8
9 Of course, this issue is precisely what GLEP 27 was created to handle.
10 The portage devs have let us know that xml is a problem, but otherwise
11 this GLEP appears sound, and I believe that the portage team has
12 something along these lines as part of their long-range plans.
13
14 -g2boojum-
15 --
16 Grant Goodyear
17 Gentoo Developer
18 g2boojum@g.o
19 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
20 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76