From: joe.derosa.b1@×××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Samba and Proftpd
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 06:01:58
6 >> set gid to 4294967294, current gid:5
7 >we have a bug in /etc/group
8 >
9 >change the GID for the nogroup group wrom -2 to 65534 and proftp will
10 >work.
11
12 This worked like a charm ...
13
14 >> After merging samba-2.2.0a.tbz2 from the install cd, (my kernel is the
15 2.4.4.9
16 >> with samba support) When I try to mount an nt share, I get:
17 >> /sbin/mount.smbfs: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared
18 >> object file: cannot load shared object file: no such file or directory
19
20 >I just checked the samba package and found that samba uses cups if found
21 >on the system.
22 >Sp you have to emerge the cups package. I'll fix the package dependencie
23 >now, thank you for the
24 >report.
25
26 This also worked like a charm.