From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:07:35
1 On Monday 24 December 2001 14:11, you wrote:
2 > Am 24.12.2001 10:59:02, schrieb Guido Bakker <guidob@g.o>:
3 > >That's why kde should install in its own directory... It's too big, just
4 > > like X11R6...
5 >
6 > Yes, I agree. I would like to see kde in /opt/kde-${ver} or /usr/kde-${ver}
7 > like xfree. The most libs that kde-use are kde-specific and will never have
8 > a function in other applications. It's much easierer to manage multiple
9 > kde-version in full different trees...
10 I agree. But see the separate subthread on this (my reply to Drobbins' orig
11 reply in this thread.)
15 Dan Armak
16 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
17 Matan, Israel