From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 06:15:38
1 Am 24.12.2001 10:59:02, schrieb Guido Bakker <guidob@g.o>:
4 >That's why kde should install in its own directory... It's too big, just like
5 >X11R6...
6
7 Yes, I agree. I would like to see kde in /opt/kde-${ver} or /usr/kde-${ver} like xfree.
8 The most libs that kde-use are kde-specific and will never have a function in other applications.
9 It's much easierer to manage multiple kde-version in full different trees...
10 and the system now to manually compile packages with:
11 KDEDIR=/usr/lib/kde-libs-${ver} ./configure --prefix=/usr
12 i very very ugly. Some packages of kde-apps search header files in /usr
13 not in $KDEDIR and then fail. I have created while do this with many apps some
14 symlinks. But this is against the multi-version strategy
15
16 Regards
17
18 Sebastian Werner