From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:15:10
1 mån 2001-12-24 klockan 13.11 skrev Sebastian Werner:
2 > Am 24.12.2001 10:59:02, schrieb Guido Bakker <guidob@g.o>:
5 > >That's why kde should install in its own directory... It's too big, just like
6 > >X11R6...
7 >
8 > Yes, I agree. I would like to see kde in /opt/kde-${ver} or /usr/kde-${ver} like xfree.
9 > The most libs that kde-use are kde-specific and will never have a function in other applications.
10 > It's much easierer to manage multiple kde-version in full different trees...
11 > and the system now to manually compile packages with:
12
13 Hi!
14
15 This has already been decided (it was in /opt/kde before, just as gnome
16 in /opt/gnome). We have moved it to /usr since that is what was decided
17 upon a few month ago. It will not be moved again, and it doesn't solve
18 this issue so it should not be part of this discussion.
19
20 If someone is interested in this issue, please read the mail archive.
21
22 Regards,
23 Mikael Hallendal
27 Mikael Hallendal
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
29 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden