From: Matthew Walker <mwalker@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] autoclean
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:05:31
1 Nick Jones said:
2 >> Lately I've been seeing a strange behaviour in updates. After doing an
3 >> --update on a package, I get "no packages selected for clean", meaning
4 >> the old version of the package is still considered merged.
5 >>
6 >> If I then do an emerge of another package, the autoclean suddenly "sees"
7 >> the old version of the updated package and cleans it. Also if I
8 >> explicitly run "emerge clean", the old version gets unmerged.
9 >
10 > Please post a bug if you can reproduce this.
13 I don't have time to post a bug right now, but I can confirm seeing this
14 too. It's happened a couple times, usually with... *sighs as his mind goes
15 blank* Long day, sorry. I'll send the name of the package when I can think
16 of it.
17
18 Matthew
19