From: Matthew Walker <mwalker@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] autoclean
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:09:41
1 Matthew Walker said:
2 > Nick Jones said:
3 >>> Lately I've been seeing a strange behaviour in updates. After doing an
4 >>> --update on a package, I get "no packages selected for clean", meaning
5 >>> the old version of the package is still considered merged.
6 >>>
7 >>> If I then do an emerge of another package, the autoclean suddenly
8 >>> "sees" the old version of the updated package and cleans it. Also if I
9 >>> explicitly run "emerge clean", the old version gets unmerged.
10 >>
11 >> Please post a bug if you can reproduce this.
14 > I don't have time to post a bug right now, but I can confirm seeing this
15 > too. It's happened a couple times, usually with... *sighs as his mind goes
16 > blank* Long day, sorry. I'll send the name of the package when I can think
17 > of it.
18
19 baselayout. Yeah, that's the one. *goes back to nursing his headache*
20
21 Matthew
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list