From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:45:44
1 Dnia 2014-09-15, o godz. 03:15:14
2 Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 15 September 2014 02:40, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to restrict people from
7 > > accidentally committing straight into github (e.g. merging pull
8 > > requests there instead of to our main server).
9 >
10 > => Github is just a read only mirror, any pull reqs submitted there will be
11 > fielded and pushed to gentoo directly.
12 >
13 > Only downside there is the way github pull reqs work is if the final SHA1's
14 > that hit tree don't match, the pull req doesn't close.
15 >
16 > Solutions:
17 >
18 > - A) Have somebody tasked with reaping old pull reqs with permissions
19 > granted. ( Uck )
20 > - B) Always use a merge of some kind to mark the pull req as dead ( for
21 > instance, an "ours" merge to mark the branch as deprecated )
22 >
23 > Both of those options are kinda ugly.
24
25 If you merge a pull request, I suggest doing a proper 'git merge -S'
26 anyway to get a developer signature on top of all the changes.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny