From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:27:39
1 On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 09:25:11AM -0500, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > > Why taking it against arch teams? How is that different from
3 > > "certain maintainer not taking care of a bug that holds
4 > > stabilization of certain package by some time measured in months" ?
5 > > I'll tell you my answer: 'no difference at all'.
6 >
7 > You are right, there's not much difference. However, I brought up the
8 > topic because I felt like this particular situation was a bit of a
9 > problem that needed to be addressed. Yours is also one that
10 > can/should potentially be addressed, and I advise you to recommend the
11 > council discuss it as well.
12
13 Well, while discussing what you brought up, they should _also_ consider
14 what I said as part of the same (so-called) problem.
15
16 > My goal wasn't to point fingers or to call anyone lazy. My goal was
17 > to address that if development in this certain area has stagnated, how
18 > can those of us who it affects continue to move forward? This is
19 > simply an area that is "gray" and needs to be discussed. There are
20 > many other gray areas that need to be discussed too.
21 >
22 > I understand we all have real lives and are volunteers. But if there
23 > are areas that we are responsible for and we aren't able to meet the
24 > needs/demands of the other developers in those areas, it's only fair
25 > to let them continue moving forward.
26 >
27 > I never even mentioned any specific arch in my original request, nor
28 > did I call any developer out. So please, nobody needs to take this
29 > personally.
30
31 I didn't take it personally myself, honestly, I couldn't care less.
32
33 Wonder why there is almost no non-mainstream arch team people
34 contributing to this thread?
35
36 - ferdy
39 Fernando J. Pereda Garcimartín
40 20BB BDC3 761A 4781 E6ED ED0B 0A48 5B0C 60BD 28D4