From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: dev-qt/qtmultimedia/
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 04:02:01
1 On 18/04/16 16:47, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > This is invalid. Replacing invalid package names with other invalid
3 > names is no fix. It is ugly Gentoo-style hackery which proves that
4 > developers prefer trying randomly changing something until QA check
5 > doesn't trigger over reading the documentation. As a result, now
6 > a number packages with visible QA issues have been turned into a number
7 > of packages with QA issues that aren't caught by the schema due to
8 > regexp limitations.
9 >
10 > Please go over all the packages you've touched and fix the silent
11 > issues you introduced. I can't afford to waste more time writing more
12 > complex QA checks that are going to cover all the ways Gentoo
13 > developers can screw up such a simple thing as package *name*.
14 >
15 I can't help but want to write .. "If you want a job doing ... "
16
17 +1 monp.