From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/eject ?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:04:48
1 On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 15:45 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Friday 27 May 2005 15:44, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > I'm just curious, but why exactly is a virtual needed?
4 > Well there are nine packages (and probably there can be others) which needs
5 > eject, and the eject commands are going to be quite a few if there isn't an
6 > "universal" eject as every os has its own way to eject a CD-Rom.
7 > So we'll have eject for linux, eject-bsd for freebsd (and maybe openbsd, don't
8 > know), eject-osx (and maybe eject-darwin) and eventual eject-solaris if there
9 > will ever be a solaris port.
10 > Every kernel has its own syscalls, and using conditional deps for every kernel
11 > on more than a couple of packages will surely be something annoying for
12 > maintainers.
13
14 OK... You sold me.
15