From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/eject ?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:50:22
1 On Friday 27 May 2005 15:44, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > I'm just curious, but why exactly is a virtual needed?
3 Well there are nine packages (and probably there can be others) which needs
4 eject, and the eject commands are going to be quite a few if there isn't an
5 "universal" eject as every os has its own way to eject a CD-Rom.
6 So we'll have eject for linux, eject-bsd for freebsd (and maybe openbsd, don't
7 know), eject-osx (and maybe eject-darwin) and eventual eject-solaris if there
8 will ever be a solaris port.
9 Every kernel has its own syscalls, and using conditional deps for every kernel
10 on more than a couple of packages will surely be something annoying for
11 maintainers.
15 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
16 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
17
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/