From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/eject ?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:44:46
1 On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 02:02 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Monday 23 May 2005 18:12, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
3 > > This can't be done everytime, and hoping for, in future, having an
4 > > universal eject (libcdio should allow that) I wanted to ask if is possible
5 > > to add a virtual/eject provided by sys-apps/eject and sys-apps/eject-bsd so
6 > > that they can be made dependencies as needed.
7
8 > News about this? We really need a solution to this.
9
10 I'm just curious, but why exactly is a virtual needed?
11
12 Why can't it be something like:
13
14 !blah? ( sys-apps/eject )
15 blah? (sys-apps/eject-bsd )
16
17 A virtual is usually reserved for when it affects a large number of
18 packages. If it affects one or two, then simply using some fun *DEPEND
19 syntax usually covers the issue.
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux