From: antitux@netscape.com (John Dee)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Netscape Packages
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:52:56
1 I have no problems keeping it around, but renaming 4.x to either
2 "netscape-communicator" or "netscape-navigator" for the actual
3 executable binaries.
4
5 You follow?
6
7 By no means do I want to get rid of netscape 4.x (though I would like to
8 see the project die a horrible death, the code is a mess, and it's older
9 than hell.). I know it's one of the standards out there, but even
10 netscape's customers are being pushed towards 6.x.
11
12 Avi Schwartz wrote:
13 > No, no, no. Netscape 4.X is still very usefull for accessing web sites
14 > which will not work properly with Netscape 6.X or Mozilla. Some of the
15 > banks still do not consider Netscape 6.X/Mozilla as safe enough and the
16 > only way for me to do web banking is using Netscape 4.X. Citibank is
17 > one such example.
18 >
19 > Avi
20 >