From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Naming of repositories: gento-x86 edition, bike shedding wanted
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 13:40:52
1 On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 2:07 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Instead of trying to emphasize it's the main repository, we ought to
4 > drop the notion of 'main repository'. That was the goal of all changes
5 > in Portage, so stop trying to regress for the sake of good ol' times.
8 But, if the goal is to drop the notion of "main repository" why would
9 we name it "Gentoo" - as if leaving it out makes it no longer Gentoo?
10
11 Is it Gentoo without what we now call gentoo-x86? If not, then I
12 don't get the objection to the term "main repository" since that is
13 what it basically is then.
14
15 I don't feel super-strongly about this. I just am not sure that your
16 suggestion actually promotes the goals you seem to want to promote.
19 Rich