From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Glep 46 Draft: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 03:05:48
1 On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:04:19 +0900 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Monday 06 March 2006 09:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > XML people: is there a way of linking attribute="" values to stuff
5 | > defined in another XML file that isn't going to make my face bleed?
6 |
7 | Can you expand on that some more? What exactly would be accomplished
8 | through that?
9
10 Well, if we're having a list of valid remote-id type values in a file
11 somewhere, there's at least a vague argument that said file should be
12 XML. And since XML is supposedly compatible, said file should be
13 magically linked to the regular metadata DTD.
14
15 So we'd have something like:
16
17 <remote-id-values>
18 <value name="sourceforge" format="string">
19 The project's sourceforge project ID (e.g. 'hilite')
20 </value>
21 <value name="vim" format="integer">
22 The script's vim.org script ID (e.g. '123')
23 </value>
24 </remote-id-values>
27 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
28 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
29 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm