From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Glep 46 Draft: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 03:51:33
1 On Monday 06 March 2006 12:02, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Well, if we're having a list of valid remote-id type values in a file
3 > somewhere, there's at least a vague argument that said file should be
4 > XML. And since XML is supposedly compatible, said file should be
5 > magically linked to the regular metadata DTD.
6 >
7 > So we'd have something like:
8 >
9 > <remote-id-values>
10 > <value name="sourceforge" format="string">
11 > The project's sourceforge project ID (e.g. 'hilite')
12 > </value>
13 > <value name="vim" format="integer">
14 > The script's vim.org script ID (e.g. '123')
15 > </value>
16 > </remote-id-values>
17
18 Correct me if I'm wrong but.. it seems you're describing XML Schema[1]? Using
19 XML to define the value types that can exist in another XML file would be XML
20 Schema.
21
22 I'm going under that this is in reference to:
23
24 "This GLEP does not specify a complete list of legal values
25 for ``type`` -- developers should email the ``gentoo-dev`` mailing list
26 before using a new ``type`` value."
27
28 and if not please specify which part of the GLEP this references to.
29
30 Chris White
31
32 [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/