From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: kito@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X porting: dependency changes
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:16:32
1 On 21-11-2005 19:15:58 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > | virtual/x11 isn't xorg for all profiles.
3 >
4 > Perhaps the relevant people (macos?) could get in touch with me, and we
5 > can figure out what needs to happen.
6 >
7 > It may be that we'll need to add x11-base/apple-xfree into the || list
8 > as well. Using the virtual is not an option right now, because of the
9 > previously mentioned bug.
10
11 OSX doesn't have Xorg (yet?), so it would indeed cause some trouble for
12 us right now. Since we're outnumbered here, I'd vote to make the
13 change that is compatible with the majority of users right now. I'm
14 affraid it would just boil down to dropping the ppc-macos keyword on
15 those packages that get xorg dependency. The mentioned || list is an
16 issue for more than xorg, so it should be considered some more IMHO.
17 Kito, can you agree with this, or do you have another 'solution'?
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list