From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 36: providing both CVS and Subversion?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:26:01
1 Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Before everyone starts getting all antsy about getting svn for gentoo
3 > projects, its in the works. I'm trying to get the current CVS admins
4 > around so we can start with that process. Robbat2 seems to be busy for
5 > the next few weeks, so I'll have to rely on Pylon to help with this. So
6 > please just be patient and we'll get this rolling soon. Bugging me or
7 > other people about will not get you anywhere :P
8
9 I doubt this is the right place to ask, but I got no reply from the trustees,
10 so...
11
12 A while back, we had to move the gentoo kernel patches out of the Gentoo CVS
13 because we realised it conflicted with the old copyright assignment form: I
14 have signed an agreement saying that everything I put in gentoo cvs will be
15 copyrighted to Gentoo. That obviously isn't the case for kernel patches that I
16 didn't write.
17
18 We moved the kernel patches into a bitkeeper repo, and they've been there for
19 a while. However, this might be clashing with the social contract, and
20 costless BK is going away, so its time to move again. I'd love to host these
21 in a Gentoo repo, preferably SVN, but would need to get that agreement revoked
22 for me and the other kernel developers. Who do I need to speak to?
23
24 Thanks,
25 Daniel
26 --