From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help on getting media-libs/svgalib fixed
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:06:09
1 On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 > The problem is that users CCed on their bug reports have provided
3 > patches and fixes for them and would probably get angry if we punt them
4 > without even applying the patches to the tree (but I don't want to
5 > commit them as I cannot even test them at build time due being x86
6 > specific).
7
8 It seems to me that the package still needs a maintainer. That could
9 be a developer, or a proxy-maintainer if one of those users wants to
10 commit to tending it. If nobody wants to step up, and the package is
11 buggy, then treecleaning is the only recourse.
12
13 Rich