From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed change to savedconfig.eclass
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:16:45
1 While you're touching this, could you improve this part a bit:
2
3 # maybe the user is screwing around with perms they shouldnt #289168
4 if [[ ! -r ${base} ]] ; then
5 eerror "Unable to read ${base} -- perms are screwed ?"
6 die "fix your system"
7 fi
8
9 I understand frustration caused by weird things people are doing with
10 systems, but sometimes it can be even caused by some tool's error or
11 whatever. IMHO these are not good error messages. I'd prefer something
12 like this:
13
14 # Make sure we don't hit a problem with permissions, bug #289168
15 if [[ ! -r ${base} ]] ; then
16 eerror "Unable to read ${base}. Please run chmod 755 ${base}"
17 eerror "and try again."
18 die "unable to read ${base}"
19 fi
20