From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic filing of stable requests
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:07:18
1 Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> said:
3 >> On 05:10 Sun 14 Dec , Petteri Räty wrote:
4 >>> I added support for filing stable requests directly from my stable
5 >>> candidate RSS feed.
6 >>> For those that don't read planet Gentoo the feed can be found here:
7 >>> http://gentoo.petteriraty.eu/stable.rss
8 >>>
9 >>> Now what do people think about extending metadata.xml so that you
10 >>> could have these
11 >>> bugs filed automatically when there are no open bugs? Something like
12 >>> a <auto-stable-request enabled="true"/>
13 >>> element with the DTD setting the default as true and you could just
14 >>> use a <auto-stable-request /> shorthand.
15 >
16 > good idea.
17 >
18 >> I'm all for it. It would need to take version restrictions -- for
19 >> example, I may be willing to have xorg-server 1.5.x go stable but not
20 >> 1.4.x.
21 >
22 > perhaps auto-stable should be the default (not needing the tag), only
23 > allowing things to be masked from it.
26 Well we have lots of clusters of packages that go stable in one sweep
27 like KDE and GNOME. We can't have this on by default for them as it
28 would file a bug for each package. We could however add the tag to
29 skel.metadata.xml at least.
30
31 Regards,
32 Petteri