From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic filing of stable requests
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 05:39:41
1 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> said:
2 > On 05:10 Sun 14 Dec , Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > > I added support for filing stable requests directly from my stable
4 > > candidate RSS feed.
5 > > For those that don't read planet Gentoo the feed can be found here:
6 > > http://gentoo.petteriraty.eu/stable.rss
7 > >
8 > > Now what do people think about extending metadata.xml so that you
9 > > could have these
10 > > bugs filed automatically when there are no open bugs? Something like
11 > > a <auto-stable-request enabled="true"/>
12 > > element with the DTD setting the default as true and you could just
13 > > use a <auto-stable-request /> shorthand.
14
15 good idea.
18 > I'm all for it. It would need to take version restrictions -- for
19 > example, I may be willing to have xorg-server 1.5.x go stable but not
20 > 1.4.x.
21
22 perhaps auto-stable should be the default (not needing the tag), only
23 allowing things to be masked from it.